Nutritional supplement for pregnant and lactating mothers
Pregnancy and breastfeeding period are of the most important and vital periods of the mother’s lives. A part of this is about providing a suitable and accurate nutrition based on the needs of this period. As we know mother’s nutritional demands are obviously changed during pregnancy and breastfeeding period so that the needs of body to some coarse nutrients and micronutrients are noticeably changed. This extra need to nutrition is related to the growth of fetus or baby and increased metabolism of the mother. If it is not met completely, it can cause some irreparable damage to both mother and body, and some of them can last for many years.
Although this increased demand can be met by the mother herself from food, this does not happen because of digestive problems of this period, the difficulty of accurate nutritional calculations, and cost constraints. So the need for a complete nutritional package which is easily accessible, has a reasonable price, and provides a nutritional guarantee is obviously seen. This package should be natural and milk-based to have high biological value. Ladymil is a complete nutritional package which observes scientific, national, and international standards and meet the needs of pregnant and breastfeeding mothers. In addition, it is easily accepted and compensate many nutritional deficiencies and disorders in mother’s and fetus’s body.
- Ladymil prevent obesity in pregnancy. Most mothers use too much food to make sure their and their babies’ needs are met. This cause obesity and many other problems for mother. Essential amount of different required nutrition is used in Ladymil based on the increased demand during pregnancy and breastfeeding so that mother can just add Ladymil to her previous diet and be assured to meet all their needs. This prevent obesity, nutritional deficiency, and irreparable damage to mother and baby.
- Ladymil is able to fully meet the need for iron by providing iron at a daily rate of 23.4 mg. According to world health organization, iron deficiency is the most common nutritional deficiency in the world. Due to the increased globulin production for fetus growth, the daily requirement of iron in pregnancy increases.
- Ladymil is the only supplement that uses inulin (which is also a kind of prebiotics) to improve constipation. Constipation is common among pregnant women.
- Ladymil use suitable amount of B6 for the prevention and treatment of vomiting which is common during pregnancy
- Ladymil significantly reduces the risk of neural tube defects (NTD) in infants and it prevents important complications such as premature birth and low birth weight babies (LBW) by having folic acid in its composition.
- Ladymil cannot be considered as a supplement for some limited nutritional categories (nowadays the supplements for pregnancy and lactating in the market, just contain some vitamins and minerals, while Ladymil contains all the required vitamins, minerals, energy and protein)
- Ladymil is a complete milk-based nutritional package and this specification is less common in other supplements, which are usually synthetic.
- Ladymil contains semi-essential items such as Choline, Taurine and Inositol that play a key role in the development of nervous system and transferring the micronutrients to cells.
- Ladymil is prepared and distributed in for different pleasant flavors, banana, chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla as Fasska respect different tastes.
- Ladymil contain essential Fatty acids, Omega 6 and Omega 3 (which are the precursors of AA and DHA). In addition to its known properties, it produces the ability to produce arachidonic acid ، docosahexaenoic acid and ecosapanthanoeic acid in the mother’s body, which are useful for fetus growth. The ratio of omega 6 to omega 3 is important to be 6.6 in order to have efficient growth in the organs of fetus and baby. Nowadays scientific references strictly emphasize on this ratio.
- Ladymil contains AA and DHA for the development of vision system, development of fetus nervous network and maintain the efficient function of nervous system in mother.
- Ladymil is designed in order to be heated just once during the preparation and production process. This maintains the quality of the proteins, vitamins and other nutrients to the highest biological value. This product is gluten – free so it is suitable for celiac patients.
- It is recommended to start take in Ladymil some months prior to pregnancy in order that nutritional needs of body have been met by pregnancy.
- -By adding liquid whey protein to Ladymil during production process, Ladymil contains more whey protein to compare with ordinary milk. This increase the biological value of proteins and make them easy to digest.
- As Fasska Belgium produces whey protein directly and even sells it to other companies in Europe, always uses the freshest and the best quality of liquid whey protein in its products.
- Ladymil is not a medicine and it is a supplement so it is available in the form of powder (not tablet) like foodstuffs.
- Ladymil covers all the extra nutritional needs of mother (according to DRI) during pregnancy and lactating such as energy, protein, carbohydrates, fats, minerals, vitamins, semi-essential nutrients like Choline, Taurine, Inositol. (It is worth mentioning that the supplements which covers some items such as minerals and some vitamins or in the best case combinations of vitamins and minerals like some essential fatty acids, cannot meet all the nutritional needs of the mothers and they are mostly commercial)
- Holder of Halal certificate
The quality of Ladymil is assured by covering modern food standards such as ISO 22000 and HACCP certificate.
Ladymil also is the holder of Halal certificate
Some of Ladymil’s benefits are outlined below:
- Prevention of anemia in both mother and fetus during and after pregnancy
- Participation in the development of skeletal bones of the fetus and baby
- Helping in the development of the central nervous system of the fetus and the baby
- Prevention of cretinism, mental retardation and dwarfism
- Reducing the likelihood of mother’s anxiety and depression after childbirth
- Prevention low birth weight baby
- Facilitating the emergence of tooth buds
- Prevention of mother’s constipation during pregnancy
- Enrichment and increase the quantity and quality of breast milk
- Prevention of neonatal osteoporosis
- Influencing the development of the infant’s retina
- Prevention of neonatal brain and spinal cord defects
- Prevention of preterm labor
- Prevention of osteoporosis in mother